The Tasks Bulletin
Top 5 New Tasks Without Owners
- Create a Translation Website
- Cyber Republic Youtube Thumbnails
- Chinese Missing Or Incorrect Translations Bounty
- Find manufacturer for marketing giveaways
- Technical Article on Data and Code
Top 5 Tasks in Progress
- Philipines Grassroots Marketing – Nov 2018
- Elastos Brochure
- Elastos Poster
- Brisbane Meetup
Top 5 Tasks in Pending State(Not Yet Approved by the CRC)
- Elastos/Cyber Republic One Pager
- Editing CRcle Descriptions
- Global Elastos Representative Team
- 2019 Blockchain Connect Conference
- 10 Comic Strips Explaining Elastos
Posts, Articles, and Videos
- Coranos: Elastos Light Wallet and Ledger Device App Update
- Market Angel: The TRUTH About #Elastos from a Developer! $ELA News
- Chico Crypto: Dec + Jan=dPOS Arbitrator Nodes + Merged Mining
- Jimmy Lipham: Hacking Elastos & Trinity – A look under the hood
- Chill Zone International: The Bridge Episode 1 – Special Guest(Roshan Ghadamian) New Cyber Republic Marketing Proposal
- CryptoCoinShow: Blockchain Interviews – Rong Chen, CEO of Elastos Blockchain
- Elastos Bucharest Meetup – Oct 27th, 2018
- CryptoFuture: Elasots(ELA) – Why The Coin Release Modifications Will be Good Long Term – Moving Past
- Chill Zone International – The Bridge Episode 2 – Guest (Kiran Pachhai) Elastos Technical Deep Dive
- Blockchain Board of Derivatives(BBOD): Fundamental Pick: Elastos (ELA)
- Cyber Republic: Casual Technical Deep Dive Between Rong Chen and Limmy Lipham
- Cyber Republic: Cyber Republic Virtual Meetup – Nov 8th, 2018
- Cyber Republic: Intro to Elastos Decentralized Digital Marketing and Commerce Platform(DMA)
- CryptoStache: The Crypto Corral – Round 4: Elastos vs Substratum
- Jimmy Lipham: Elastos Wallet – Under the Hood – $ELA
- Market Angel: The Free, Secure, Wealth Generating Internet is HERE!
Top 5 Teams on Cyber Republic This Week
- “Elastos merchandise dApp” by Nicola Zimmermann: This team will be developing a solution for a worldwide, decentralized merchandise distribution framework for Elastos/Cyber Republic. They are looking for developers, designers and any others who can contribute to the development of a dApp for Trinity.
- “Weekly Newsletter Writing Team” by Kenneth Kao: This is the writing team for the Cyber Republic Weekly Newsletter. As the material will be comprehensive, rewards will be divided amongst team members based on contribution.
- “Spreading Awareness of Elastos Online” by Grant Mandell: Looking for passionate Elastos enthusiasts to ignite awareness as to Elastos’ vision for the digital economy IoT era ahead. Team members will have the opportunity to speak on cryptofuture’s Youtube channel, and will have access to Facebook and Telegram communities. The central focus of such groups will hone in on strategic growth initiatives as they relate to Elastos’ online presence.
- “Cyber Republic JS developers Hiring” by Mike Hou: This group is building a Cyber Republic platform, and are seeking out additional JS developers. Chinese developers are preferred, but the group is open to all.
- “DApp Analysts” by Matthew Lee: The goal of the DApp Analyst team is to review, assess, and progress CR100 applications. Applications will be evaluated based on the unique use-case of the DApp, and its Killer App potential, and it how effectively it can add value to the Elastos ecosystem. The Analyst Team is developing evaluation criteria that will filter out unsuitable applications, offer guidance to applications with potential, and accept merit-able applications. In order to achieve this, we’ll develop an initial scoring system to filter out unsuitable applications, suggest modifications to projects with potential, and of course progress deserving applications. The team will also conduct due diligence and assist in extensive background checks for the most promising applications, and create clear lines of communication with other related CRcles.
Cyber Republic Website
Cyber Republic Website
- Added blog feature on the site: blog.cyberrepublic.org
- Streamlined task completion processes, particularly for RFP design
- CRcles members can now create and propose their own tasks to any CRcle
- Council Page is updated with a new “Vote” tab that displays all current proposals submitted to the CRC
- Add a page under Council to introduce Interim Council Members, Secretariat, and the broader vision, roles, and responsibilities of CRC
- Create a more robust developer portal for onboarding new developers to the Elastos ecosystem and Cyber Republic community
- Add a forum page
Elastos on React Native
- Main Project Repo: https://github.com/cyber-republic/elastos-ReactNative-framework
- Elastos Wallet Core Repo: https://github.com/cyber-republic/react-native-elastos-wallet-core
- Elastos Wallet Core Demo Repo: https://github.com/cyber-republic/react-native-elastos-wallet-core-demo
- Elastos On React Native Weekly Meeting – Nov 7th, 2018
- Elastos Carrier basic features are now supported for both iOS and android as part of the react native plugin development
- Elastos SPV Wallet basic implementation is complete for both iOS and android as part of the react native plugin development
- Sample DApps will be created based on Elastos Carrier and SPV Wallet for both Android and iOS
- Support for Elastos DID service for Android will begin shortly
Interview with a Cyber Republic Community Member
Could you introduce yourself? Your background and what you do for living?
My name is Amos Thomas, the Elastos/Cyber Republic community knows me as “Famous Amos” from Chill Zone. Chill Zone International is the name of my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5WBMq8chi8GfHmRMT6aDw?view_as=subscriber, which, currently only produces content based on Elastos. I was born and raised in the Caribbean islands of Trinidad & Tobago. Ever since I was young, I had a deep love with technology as a result of my elder brother. He was a technician long before my love for technology took hold and I would spend nights watching him reformat hard drives and stress about possible issues with his client’s systems. I came to America at the age of 16 years old to continue schooling and gain chances of greater opportunities. I started college at the age of 16 in America. I graduated with an Associate Degree in Computer System Engineering Technology (CSET), I then graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Information Technology at the age of 20. I was recruited to work for a software company 6 months before I graduated.
Currently, I fulfill various IT roles for the Massachusetts Library System, which is an agency directly funded by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners overseen by James Lonergan (Executive Director of the MBLC). Primarily, I fill System Admin/System Support roles and I’m also in the process of redesigning their public-facing websites as I also fulfill the roles of Web Designer & IT Consultation for my own company. I am also 1 of 3 Co-Founders to a company called “Overly Ambitious Technologies” based out of the Caribbean that provides IT solutions & consultations.
When did you first hear about Elastos? Did Elastos find you or did you find Elastos?
I’ve always known about Bitcoin, however, I was too young at the time to grasp its significance. I remember trading away tons of bitcoins for in-game items around 11/12 years old as I am also a gamer. In the bull run of December, my friend got me back into Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies. I didn’t even know there were other Cryptocurrencies outside of Bitcoin. One day my friend noticed an article that mentioned the “G3” alliance. We saw Bitmain, Neo, And Elastos. We had known what Neo and Bitmain were but not Elastos. We wanted to get a piece of this “alliance” that was being displayed. Neo was already at its peak during that run so we wanted to know how we can get into Elastos. Luckily, Elastos was not available to the west at the time. We then began to keep a very close eye on Elastos.
How have you contributed to the Cyber Republic community thus far? What CRcles are you part of currently on Cyber Republic?
Utilizing my youtube channel Chill Zone International, I have contributed in various ways to the Cyber Republic. First, I became known for producing content that is strictly Elastos related and community-based. My channel is not designed to be a typical youtube channel. In fact, it has been put in place to fulfill a specific role with the Elastos Ecosystem. My channel focuses primarily on raising the general knowledge of the Elastos community on the various Elastos Technologies & Nuances. My aim is to arm the community with the knowledge on all aspects of Elastos. This will allow us to have a community that is informed at a much deeper level, and a community that can extend the reaches of the Elastos Technologies beyond the reach of the core team members or Elastos Ambassadors.
My channel also serves as a bridge between the community and core Elastos team members. I have created a segment on my channel called “The Bridge”. Here, people that have submitted proposals to the Cyber Republic Council or those who have had their proposal approved can come onto my channel and speak directly to the community. Either explaining why they have formulated their proposal and what aspects they think are vital. But, as can be witnessed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Elastos/comments/9tvebc/communitys_chance_to_critique_interviewing/
I also give the community a chance to submit questions to proposal holders or core team members. I am also an organizer for Elastos as I plan to organize local meetups in Massachusetts. I hope to become an ambassador and spread the news on Elastos some day. I am currently part of the “Support” & “Writing” CRcles as I missed the window to enter the media crcle.
Do you have any upcoming projects or proposals you would like to submit to Cyber Republic? If so, can you provide us with a tease and speak briefly about how it is going to benefit the community?
I do have proposals I’d like to submit to the Cyber Republic. Though I am in Information Technology, I have found my strongest skills outside of the IT field. I’ve realized I am good at rallying communities & getting people organized/focus on particular goals/tasks. Thus, I plan to create a proposal geared towards community development. Elastos is known for having the best technology and core technical team. Elastos/Cyber Republic, in my opinion, lacks a defined personality or personalities. I’d like to bring a tangible personality to the Cyber Republic, give our community something they can become attached to, outside of knowing that Elastos can change the world. I think it is a lesson we can all learn from Tron, Tron has succeeded in embedding their logo with emotion. Emotions that inspire change, an emotion that engulfs their community completely. I want to make the cyber republic “the place to be” and “the feeling to feel”. People like Jimmy and Kiran are the Internet. People my myself and Tyler are the world wide web.