The CR Campaign is well underway. The CR Biweekly this week continues to focus on the latest developments of the election. Also, the latest ELA ranking and code updates about the blockchain data platform.
Now let’s go through the highlights! 👇
● The Elastos Blockchain Online Marathon has been launched. There are two tasks for you. Come to win the 1000 ELA coins!
Challenge 1: elastOS Capsule dApp
Challenge 2: elastOS Social Good dApp
Clarence Liu has posted a video illustrating the tasks of the contest.
●The Elastos Companion App contest launched by Elastos Academy is well under way. The contest will end on May 31. Top 20 participants have the chance to win awards! The contest is co-chaired by Noderators and The Houston.
● On May 6, Mr. Han Feng, co-founder of Elastos, showed up at the Douyin webcast platform, giving the third lecture on Different Paths of Digital Currency and Data Wealth between China and the U.S. under the series The Wealth of Nations: Blockchain.
According to Mr. Han, it is neither abstract nor unrealistic to reach the consensus on wealth. Although the pandemic shakes the consensus on wealth, we see promises in it thanks to digital economy and blockchain technologies. Both China and the U.S. are working on digital currency, which implies the arrival of the wealth consensus. The consensus gives full play to the role of individual data and accounts.
● On May 16, we had Michael, founder of We Filmchain, to share at the Elastos Talk — CR Member Campaign. We Filmchain promotes the application of blockchain technologies in the film industry. The team members have shared their project in the Elastos community and they promote the CR Member Campaign on the official website this time. For more details, please visit https://www.wefilmchain.com/crcelections
● On May 17, Mr. Han Feng, founder of Elastos, gave a lecture on Work to Build the Internet of Private Wealth at Douyin.com.
● The Open Source Promotion Plan 2020 co-launched by the Institute of Software under the Chinese Academy of Sciences and openEuler invited reputed businesses such as Huawei, Sinosoft and ArchForce Financial Technology, open source communities such as Apache APISIX, ApacheSkyWalking, OS China and Elastos, as well as universities such as the Peking University, the Renmin University of China, the Tsinghua University, the Huazhong University of Science and Technology and the Fudan University. As the representative blockchain project in China, Elastos is dedicated to launching the next-generation Internet project driven by blockchain technology. Its architecture is inclusive and unique. As an open source system, after years of development, Elastos has open sourced hundreds of millions lines of source codes, including over 4 million lines of original source codes.
Elastos prepared 18 questions for the participants of this program. Come to join us! Learn from field veterans and win honors and awards granted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. We are confident that the unique main-side chain architecture, the point-to-point communication Carrier, the decentralized storage Elastos Hive, the DID side chain, the CyberRepublic self-governance organization and the elastOS will definitely impress you. With your mind being refreshed and your professional skills sharpened, this experience will be a highlight in your career as a developer.
● Newsflashes about GreenPass were released in Korean community.
● Promotional articles about GreenPass were published in Japanese community to promote GreenPass globally. (https://elastos.seesaa.net/article/474781561.html)
● Four pillar articles about Elastos were published in Japanese community.
Dynamics of CR Election Campaign
So far, there are 23 candidates, 12 from the Chinese community and 11 from overseas communities. Latest candidate: WeFilm Council、Elastos.info、Niu Jingyu、Su Yipeng and Elastos DMA。. *https://www.cyberrepublic.org/candidates
Latest interviews of CR Herald:
— — — — — — Previous articles about CR candidates — — — — — —
Previously on CR ELECTION CANDIDATE:
Interview 1: Alex Shipp Interview 👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE ▏Alex Shipp, editor of Elastos Foundation, co-author of On Quantum Wealth and owner of quantum wealth nodes.
Interview 2: Michael S interview👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE▏Michael S, participant of the Houston supernode, and the Enter Elastos & Noderators supernodes.
Interview 3: The Strawberry Council interview👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE▏The Strawberry Council.
Interview 4: Bitwork interview👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE▏Bitwork.
Interview 5: CR Malaysia interview👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE▏CR Malaysia .
Interview 6: ELAFish👇: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE▏ELAFish.
Dialogue 3: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE ▏Ding Ning, early committer of the Elastos community and co-founder of Zhejiang Haoshufu Cultural Creativity Company. He started to invest in digital coins in 2015 and curious about blockchain; took part in ELA investment in 2018 and got impressed by the architecture of the Elastos; admired the 20-year devotion of Chen Rong and decided to join the Elastos community.
Dialogue 4: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE ▏Tyrolee, early committer of the Elastos community. Got to know Han Feng in March 2017, read the Blockchain: On Quantum Wealth by Han Feng, and decided to join Elastos.
Dialogue 5: CR ELECTION CANDIDATE ▏Lin Junqiang, early committer of the Elastos community. Started to invest in Elastos projects in early 2018; works in the financial industry for over 10 years and has rich experience with market investigation, corporate finance analysis, investment and financing; has strong interest in Internet and cutting-edge technologies; passionate about designing the prototypes of Internet products.
CR candidate ▏Lin Junqiang, an early contributor of Elastos community. He noticed and invested in Elastos in early 2018. Engaged in corporate financial business for more than 10 years, Lin has rich experience in market research, corporate financial analysis, investment and financing and other aspects. Meanwhile, Lin is very interested in Internet and technology frontiers, and keen on thinking over and designing Internet product models.
CR candidate | Chinese Community management team, early contributors of Elastos, including Lao Ganbu, Tryo Lee, Tiger and Ruolan.
CR candidate | ELAfish. Yan Chong, core member of the ELAfish team made a sharing. ELAfish is the ELA part of the mixed token game FishChain. Virtual mining is the basic pattern of the game. A total of 20,000 fish tanks are designed. The greater the mining power is, the more tokens will be mined.
● As the CRC campaign comes to an end and the voting deadline approaches, the main network of Elastos will enter the co-governance stage, Arcadia. This event has attracted wide attention from the community. Elastos pioneers to adopt the main network co-governance model. All community members are looking forward to the changes brought about Elastos main network 3.0 to the Elastos community and the blockchain industry. To help you better understand Arcadia, CR Herald now guides you through the evolution of Elastos main network. Let’s begin with the Main Network 1.0.
Mr. Chen Rong, founder of Elastos, has been engaged in the operating system sector for over two decades and established a team that is experienced with the Internet underlying technologies. The team comes up with novel technology ideas. Empowered by block chain technologies, Elastos builds the next-generation Internet and embraces the main network 1.0.
● Elastos supports the decentralized cross-chain transfer. The Elephant Wallet Andriod and iOS versions allows the transfer among the ELA main chain, the ETH side chain and the ID chain.
The supported transfer paths include ：
ELA -> ELA/ETHSC, ELA/ETHSC -> ELA, ELA main chain-> ID chain, and ID chain -> ELA main chain.
● CR Herald releases the feature comments of new elastOS applications. Welcome to try out the dApps!
App7: ELAnodes. It provides technical analysis, which functions as the references for supernode voting and revenues.
ELAnodes has five pages, namely Supernodes, Samples, Awards, Analysis tools and Setting Value. By analyzing the ranking, voting proportions, annual revenues and voting awards f all nodes in the Elastos DPoS campaign, it helps users make voting choices, simplifying the voting steps.
The supernodes are ranked in the descending order. The Award column lists the estimated annual return rate after the users vote for a particular supernode.
App 1: Academy dApp launched on elastOS. This application explores the development resources for Elastos developers and creates an optimal user experience. Developers can try the tools developed by Elastos via browsers, which helps eliminate the technological barriers. The web version has been launched and will soon be localized.
App 2: Red Packet. Since launched on February 12, 2020, Red Packet has been downloaded for 160 times and invited discussion in the community. Welcome to download this app via elastOS. You may enter the keywords “Red Packet” on the Apps page or look up for it via See All. This app can be installed in the same way as Academy dApp.
App 3: Playchat, a decentralized social game launched on Feburary 26, 2020. The new game Flappy Bird has been launched on the game page. More games are under development and will be launched soon.
App 4: Elanote, a Beta-version note-taking product launched on March 6, 2020. It has over 1,000 downloads and invited discussion on the community.
App5: 3Gen 2FA, a more secure mobile 2FA, can be deemed as an improved version of Google Authenticator or Authy Authenticator. The current 2FA basically falls into the category of centralized storage, and there are risks of hackers hacking the storage and stealing the user data. At the same time, all information of the users is kept by the APP or website, and the information security will be endangered accordingly. Phishing fraud also exists. A fake website may be established by the hackers, and even the wrong dynamic password can be accepted for users to log in or for stealing the user information. No such problems can be solved by the current 2FA system, while 3Gen 2FA tends to solve these problems in combination with Blockchain technology to provide a more secure environment for everyone.
App 6: Easy Trade. elastOS spy station will introduce Easy Trade to you. The DApp supports sellers and buyers to trade in different currencies and correspond values to real-time prices. Creation team: freecode1111
● Following the launches on mainstream application markets such as iOS App Store, Huawei, Baidu and OPPO, GreenPass recently was launched on Samsung global market.
It marks the further expansion of coverage and audience of GreenPass and another opportunity to make more people around the world understand the original intention and functions of GreenPass and help alleviate the spread of COVID-19 epidemic by actively using the services provided by GreenPass. Of course, we are looking forward to working together with every sector and individual to bring the epidemic to an early end, so that everyone can resume their normal life and productive activities.
● Recently, Blockchain News, an overseas media about blockchain, has revealed in a report that WHO will use blockchain technology in cooperation with IBM, Oracle and Microsoft to control the global epidemic. When it comes to how countries and organizations use technology to fight the epidemic, Elastos DMA’s GreenPass developed based on blockchain technology for anti-epidemic is honorably mentioned. Blockchain News notes that GreenPass protects users’ data privacy while helping to effectively control the spread of virus. Actually, this is not the first time that GreenPass has attracted the attention of industry media. Previously, bitui.io, in an article about how to use blockchain to deal with the epidemic, also said that GreenPass developed by Elastos DMA team might be one of the solutions to restricting the spread of the epidemic.
● GreenPass, after a release in early April, became a hit in Elastos communities and on the global market. All parties responded with active support. Based on the successful first step, we need to make further efforts to advance the market application of GreenPass. The GreenPass team recently received a donation of 30,000 ELAs from Elastos communities to help the team expand its early markets, including 10,000 ELAs from Mr. Han Feng and 20,000 ELAs from Manhattan Project Fund (MPF, a fund co-invested by individuals and CyberRepublic).
For that, GreenPass team announced to establish a market development fund with this special donation (30,000 ELAs) to help realize application cases of GreenPass, establish partnerships with international organizations and make marketing materials such as videos and articles.
● GreenPass has updated several times, optimizing existing features and adding new ones based on user needs. Lately, Elastos DMA released GreenPass 1.4.0, adding such features as agenda management, location code, check-in, as well as appointment alarm and map navigation in the Android version. All are ready to use. For more details, please review the release notes of GreenPass.
KEY DATA TRACKING
With the continuous development of The Modern Internet, Elastos ecology has been popularized all over the world. So we have collated the current important data updates so that communities can understand the development trend of the project.
● The peak-peak of combined ELA computing power is approximately equal to 32.12% of the network-based computing power of BTC.
Data source： https://www.noderators.org/elastossummary/
● The supernodes election campaign had 92 candidates as showed by statistical summary. They were 40 from Chinese community, 39 from overseas communities and 13 from ecological partners; the voting by those nodes accounted for 17.9 % of the network-based voting. (Data source: ELA Wallet)
Data of code updates
Elastos codebase contains a large number of projects, including main chain, side chain, Trinity, Carrier and wallet codes. SDK codes of all varieties provide methods of calling and authentication for different programming languages.
At present, Elastos GitHub database contains more than 100 subproject codebases to facilitate community members and developers to view GitHub database, conduct easy retrievals and view code updates. The community developers provide relevant code activity statistical tools, and regularly classify and copy daily active codebases to the designated statistical bank so that code updates and code activity can be acquired by calling data of the statistical bank with statistical tools.
According to the data provided by the community development team, 18 daily active codebases have been established since 2018, and data statistics tools are mainly for capturing the relevant data of these 18 codebases and establishing a statistical bank for centralized display.
Website of the statistical bank：https://github.com/elastos/Elastos
Based on the statistical bank, the cumulative data are shown in the following figure. After the first statistics, CR Herald will display code changes on a monthly basis.
The monthly activity data are shown in the figure:
Data from blockchain evaluation agencies
Ranking of market value, as an indicator of the industry value of a blockchain, has always been attracting the attention of blockchain communities. Here, we demonstrate the rankings by authoritative Coinmarketcap, feixiaohao and Coincodecap.
● Elastos is ranked 131st by CMC in terms of market value; ELA turnover is 18,417,952; the circulation market value is USD26,203,301.
● Elastos is ranked 98th by feixiaohao in terms of market value.
● On blockchain project code rating platforms, the code activity of Elastos is constantly updated. On Coincodecap for example, its yearly activity rank is 20th, and overall rank 44th. Coincodecap is a data website dedicated to tracking GitHub updates of blockchain projects, and has now tracked more than 700 projects by capturing GitHub data. It is authoritative in blockchain project codes and other technical updates.