The first session of CR Council members has been selected, symbolizing a formal start of Elastos Main Net 3.0 — “Arcadia”. As the community initiates its autonomous management, we also expect that the first session of CR Council can do its bit for the development of Elastos. The biweekly report will continue to focus on the latest trends in the Elastos community.
Well, let’s see what the new CR biweekly report has written this week!👇
● The Tuum team gave a technical presentation on technology trends in the latest edition of Elastos biweekly report. To learn more about the presentation, click the link below:
● On June 10, Hyper Messenger was formally launched on elastOS. It uses DID for encryption, so that user privacy data can be protected in a more secure way. Hyper Messenger is the first choice that can assist users in digital authentication, encryption of information content and protection of data security. Do you wanna experience it? Click : https://t.co/WF8ctaF9vH?amp=1
● Rebecca gave a video presentation on how to submit a proposal on the website of CR. Check the link below for details:
● CR Exchange Fund will be launched and open to donations soon. Check the link below for details: https://blog.cyberrepublic.org/2020/06/16/cr-exchange-fund-launch/
● On June 13, Han Feng, the co-founder of Elastos, joined Wu Zhong (the Chairman of Finance Center for South-South Cooperation under the framework of the United Nations), Li Lin (the founder of Huobi Global) and Deng Di (the founder of Taiyiyun) in Huobi Club of Pangu Plaza (located in Beijing Olympic Village) for discussions on promoting the ecological GreenPass of Elastos on the BITHELP platform. The participants responded magnificently to the proposal and regarded it as a big step forward to data capitalization.
● The “Strive for 2020” Blockchain Application Innovation Conference sponsored by Golden Finance will be launched soon. The leaders and outstanding entrepreneurs in the blockchain industry, including Han Feng (the co-founder of Elastos), are invited to attend the conference.
● Korean Community published an article titled “CRC Is a New Approach to Governance”. See https://blog.naver.com/crherald/221987185506
● Japanese Community published an article to introduce CRC. See https://elastos.seesaa.net/article/cyberrepublic.html
News of CR Council Members
The first session of CR Council has been founded. Thanks to a year of elaborate preparations and community involvement, the Elastos community now starts its autonomous management, symbolizing a formal start of Main Net 3.0 — “Arcadia”.
Let’s review the ideas of the elected council members we interviewed:
Han Feng, the Co-founder of Elastos, Visiting Researcher of Columbia University, and former Blockchain Consultant of Huawei Research Institute
The Strawberry Council : The Strawberry Council.
the Chinese community administrators team : the Chinese community administrators team.
Tyrolee : early committer of the Elastos community. Got to know Han Feng in March 2017, read the Blockchain: On Quantum Wealth by Han Feng, and decided to join Elastos.
Lin Junqiang, early committer of the Elastos community. Started to invest in Elastos projects in early 2018; works in the financial industry for over 10 years and has rich experience with market investigation, corporate finance analysis, investment and financing; has strong interest in Internet and cutting-edge technologies; passionate about designing the prototypes of Internet products.
ElastosDMA，They aim to boost the sound growth of the Elastos commercial ecosystem with CR.
Orchard Trinity: all three members of Orchard contribute to Elastos in some form or another. Mostly this has been unpaid and voluntary, and ranges from adding value to discussions in social media to identifying business opportunities, making influential contacts.
● The editors of CR Herald have reviewed the history of Main Net 1.0 (“Crete”) and Main Net 2.0 (“Ilias”) by writing The Trilogy of Elastos Main Net — “Launch, Open and Co-governance”: A Review of the Birth of Main Net 1.0 “Crete” and The Trilogy of Elastos Main Net — “Launch, Open and Co-governance”: A Review of the Birth of Main Net 2.0 “Ilias”. It can be found in the review articles that the Modern Internet CRC of Elastos begins to take shape, and its technology and ecology takes on a whole new look. As the ecological layout starts to involve many industries and fields, some applications have been well received in the community. Thanks to more than two years of preparation in the first two stages, Elastos will finally usher in an era of accelerated and integrated development in the wake of Main Net 3.0.
Elastos is a decentralized Internet project shared by the community. The sustainable development of the Modern Internet CRC should not depend on a single team, but require the entire community to participate in building the ecology and community, so that more powerful teams can contribute their strength.
The stakeholders have reached a consensus on the important role that a self-organizing, self-running community plays in the blockchain project and even the whole industry. Almost all blockchain projects are trying their best to improve the cohesion and vitality of the community. In some sense, a well-communicated, collaborative and creative community is closely bound up with the development of blockchain projects. Cyber Republic (CR), the autonomy community organization of Elastos, arises at the right moment to lay a foundation for the upcoming Main Net 3.0 — “Arcadia”. The self-running community co-governance of Smartweb will come in full swing with the advent of the Arcadia stage. In ancient Greek, Arcadia was a legendary dreamland and a paradise that brings light and hope to human beings. The Main Net 3.0 is named Arcadia because just like the paradise that brings us beauty and hope, it will also bring light to the traditional Internet and illuminate our way to the Modern Internet CRC.
● To keep pace with the changing trends of blockchain industry, the Trinity team and other founding teams of Elastos have set up new goals and plans for developing elastOS.
The Trinity team, as the team in charge of the development and marketing of elastOS, has extensive experience in technology development and UI/UX design, and also a clear vision for strategy development and relationship management. After the initial version of elastOS was developed, Trinity released its Android counterpart in Google Play immediately. The Android version of elastOS went well from development to release. However, since some of its core features are restricted by relatively strict policies of Apple’s App Store, Trinity has to face several challenges with the iOS version of elastOS. Click : https://news.elastos.org/elastos-new-strategic-direction/
● CR Herald published a series of articles for testing new application features of elastOS. Welcome to download and try dApps!
Application Nine: Experience Phaser Game and HTML Game
● GreenPass is being popularized and implemented worldwide by working with a variety of international organizations, government agencies, business organizations, schools and communities in different application scenarios.
Given the strong demand for integrating GreenPass, the GreenPass Service API Service has been officially opened to our partners in parallel with the advancing global cooperation. As an open platform, GreenPass can be directly integrated by any Apps that need multi-dimensional Health Code to develop a new normal model based on of “business + health”, better serve their original customer base and help the society reach a consensus on health.
Zuiditie (“最地铁”) is the first App that integrates GreenPass. It already has hundreds of thousands of real users, while the number of its users is still growing rapidly. The App covers all metro lines in China and reaches 80 million passengers per day. Travelling on the subway is an important scenario where a large number of people gather and need to maintain their health. In response to the urgent need for identifying the health status of passengers, Zuiditie launched a built-in health code by integrating GreenPass Service API with the original travelling scene of the App. Users can find the entry to health code in the middle of home page and use the built-in health code after authorizing the App to request their health information. In this way, users can update their health status (e.g. body temperature) during travel to facilitate the normalized epidemic prevention and control.
In addition, it is worth mentioning that GreenPass has been officially launched in Google Play Store after the ElastosDMA team communicated with the auditors of Google Play for many times. You can search “GreenPass” directly in the app store or download it using the link below: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starrymedia.greenpassgoogle
KEY DATA TRACKING
With the continuous development of The Modern Internet, Elastos ecology has been popularized all over the world. So we have collated the current important data updates so that communities can understand the development trend of the project.
● The peak-peak of combined ELA computing power is approximately equal to 53.49% of the network-based computing power of BTC.
● The supernodes election campaign had 96 candidates as showed by statistical summary. They were 33 from Chinese community, 50 from overseas communities and 13 from ecological partners; the voting by those nodes accounted for 16.63 % of the network-based voting.
Data of code updates
Elastos codebase contains a large number of projects, including main chain, side chain, Trinity, Carrier and wallet codes. SDK codes of all varieties provide methods of calling and authentication for different programming languages.
At present, Elastos GitHub database contains more than 100 subproject codebases to facilitate community members and developers to view GitHub database, conduct easy retrievals and view code updates. The community developers provide relevant code activity statistical tools, and regularly classify and copy daily active codebases to the designated statistical bank so that code updates and code activity can be acquired by calling data of the statistical bank with statistical tools.
According to the data provided by the community development team, 18 daily active codebases have been established since 2018, and data statistics tools are mainly for capturing the relevant data of these 18 codebases and establishing a statistical bank for centralized display.
Website of the statistical bank：https://github.com/elastos/Elastos
Based on the statistical bank, the cumulative data are shown in the following figure. After the first statistics, CR Herald will display code changes on a monthly basis.
The monthly activity data are shown in the figure:
Data from blockchain evaluation agencies
Ranking of market value, as an indicator of the industry value of a blockchain, has always been attracting the attention of blockchain communities. Here, we demonstrate the rankings by authoritative Coinmarketcap, feixiaohao and Coincodecap.
● Elastos is ranked 131st by CMC in terms of market value; ELA turnover is 18,417,952; the circulation market value is USD26,203,301.
● Elastos is ranked 98th by feixiaohao in terms of market value.
● On blockchain project code rating platforms, the code activity of Elastos is constantly updated. On Coincodecap for example, its yearly activity rank is 18th and overall rank 22nd. Coincodecap is a data website dedicated to tracking GitHub updates of blockchain projects, and has now tracked more than 700 projects by capturing GitHub data. It is authoritative in blockchain project codes and other technical updates.